This Keto Salmon Sushi Bowl is a spicy low carb dish created to restore hope to all of the sushi lovers who have gone Keto.
Are you missing sushi?
It’s such a quick and convenient meal to grab, isn’t it?
But that rice really packs on the carbs.
I’ve seen a few different sushi rolls that eliminate the rice, but one thing I’ll likely never have time to do is roll up sushi. (One exception being these amazing 5 Minute Spicy Tuna Rolls)
My solution? Put it in a bowl!
Keto Salmon Sushi Bowl
This easy, low carb, fatty bowl can be put together in minutes. You just need cauliflower rice for the base, Salmon, cucumber, wasabi, and srirayo (that’s a mix of sriracha and mayo–make it yourself, it’s a lot cheaper!)
One tip I have to share is definitely watch the amount of wasabi you’re putting in the bowl.
I gave this one to my husband after making it, and since the wasabi blended in with the avocado, he was in for a treat… let’s just say his sinuses have never been so clear!
But seriously, this Keto Salmon Sushi Bowl is an absolutely delicious sushi replacement.
Here’s how to make it!
- ¾ cup cauliflower rice
- ½ packet smoked salmon
- ½ cup spiralized cucumber
- ½ avocado
- 2 sheets dried seaweed
- 1 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp wasabi, optional
- 3 tbsp mayo
- 1-2 tsp sriracha (adjust to liking)
- Steam cauliflower rice and season with salt and pepper to taste ( I used premade bag)
- Place rice layer in bottom of small bowl with soy sauce and seasoning
- Add salmon, cucumber, avocado, seaweed around bowl
- For sauce, mix mayo and sriracha, adjusting to preferred heat
- Drizzle sauce over bowl
- Add sesame seeds and pepper for garnish, if desired