This Low Carb Avocado Chicken Salad is deliciously creamy with a bit of crunch and is the perfect low carb meal on the go.
Whether it's on a bed of lettuce, crispy toast or straight out of a bowl, I've always loved chicken salad.
Yesterday we decided to pick up some bacon from our local grocery...we got home, I opened the package and wow!
I'm not sure I can go back to regular store packaged bacon- even before it was cooked it smelled so good.
We also picked up a few avocados with no real plans for them, and I knew I needed to come up with something incorporating both ingredients.
The deliciously fresh bacon gave me the idea to make this avocado chicken salad with peppery bacon and a crispy low carb tortilla.
One of the great things about avocado chicken salad is that you can make a batch of it an keep it in the fridge all week.
It's a great go-to for meals, or even a quick snack with some veggie sticks.
I wanted to keep the celery in the recipe for the fresh crunch it offers, and if you don't like celery, cucumbers would be a good swap.
Don't skip the fresh cilantro, though, because it really brightens up the avocado chicken salad and gives a good contrast to the crunch of the low carb tortilla.
Whether you're in need of a nutritious snack or a filling meal, this avocado chicken salad is creamy, fresh and super quick.
(As an added bonus, you can sneak more veggies into the meal without the kids knowing- hooray!)Print
- 2 chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 2-3 slices cooked bacon
- ⅔ cup mayo
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp finely diced red onion
- 1 celery stalk, diced (sub: cucumber)
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ⅛ tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cilantro, garnish
- Low carb tortillas, baked or pan fried ( I use mama lupe's low carb)
- In food processor, blend mayo,half avocado, pepper, lime juice and chili powder until smooth
- dice remaining ½ of avocado and cooked bacon
- In large bowl, mix avocado mayo with cubed chicken, celery, diced avocado, bacon and red onion
- Place scoop of chilled chicken salad on fried/baked tortilla and serve with cilantro garnish