This Keto Lemon Pound Cake is a light and fresh, delicious low carb treat that’s super easy to make. It’s a perfect dessert or anytime pick-me-up!
One of the best things about pound cake is its generally foolproof nature. Even if you’re brand new to baking, it will likely be pretty simple to just dump the ingredients in a bowl, pour them in a cake pan and wait for the oven to do the rest of the work.
One of my favorite keto desserts is definitely my keto vanilla pound cake. It’s a super easy treat that serves as the base of this recipe. Be sure to check it out, as well as these other delicious keto cakes from around the internet:
Keto Kentucky Cake from All Day I Dream About Food
Keto Coconut Cake from Keto Connect
Low Carb Strawberry Shortcake from Low Carb Maven
What ingredients do you need to make keto lemon pound cake?
This recipe is super simple, and there’s also a great vanilla glaze that is quite literally the icing on the cake.
All you need for this recipe is:
- Almond Flour
- Baking Powder
- Sour Cream
- Cream Cheese
- Lemon Juice
- Lemon Zest
and for the glaze, you can use:
- Powdered Erythritol
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Vanilla Extract
The most important reminders for this recipe are to:
- Make sure the pan you use is very well buttered or sprayed. This keeps the cake from sticking.
- Make sure the cake is completely cooled before you remove it from the pan and glaze it. This helps prevent crumbling and gives you that full and beautiful end result. You can definitely cool the cake in the refrigerator to speed things along.
How many calories are in lemon pound cake?
Don’t you just love a guilt free indulgent treat? For one slice of this keto cake (1/12 of the recipe – including the glaze) you’re looking at:
Calories: 243 Calories
Total Carbs (including erythritiol): 23.4 grams
Fiber: 2.1 grams
Sugar Alcohols: 16 grams
Net Carbs: 5.4 grams
Protein: 6.9 grams
Fat: 16.7 grams
And here’s a breakdown of nutrition based on each individual ingredient:
For the cake
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Erythritol
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 3 Large Eggs
For the glaze
- 1 Cup Powdered Erythritol
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Generously butter or spray a 9 inch bundt pan, set aside
- Combine almond flour and baking powder in a large bowl, set aside
- Cut butter into several small squares and put in separate bowl, add cream cheese
- Microwave butter and cream cheese for 30 seconds. Be careful to not burn cream cheese. Stir these wet ingredients together until well combine.
- Add erythritol, sour cream, lemon juice and lemon zest to the butter and cream cheese mixture. Stir well.
- Pour wet ingredients into large bowl of almond flour and baking powder. Stir well.
- Add eggs to batter one at a time. Stir well.
- Pour batter into buttered bundt pan, place in oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the cake comes out clean.
- For best results, let cake cool completely for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight. If you remove it too soon, it may crumble a bit.
Serving Size:1/12 of the cake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243Total Fat: 16.7gCarbohydrates: 23.4gNet Carbohydrates: 5.4gFiber: 2.1gSugar Alcohols: 16gProtein: 6.9g