These Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are the ultimate gooey, chewy and deliciously rich low carb dessert! You might want to wash them with a cold glass of unsweetened almond milk!
Cookies are one of my all time favorite Keto treats. They’re the perfect dessert for when you really just need some sweet low carb, high fat goodness.
I’ve always been more of a crunchy cookie lover, and if you are too, you definitely need to check out my recipe for chocolate chip pecan and coconut cookies, but if you’re here for gooey cookie amazingness keep on reading!
Joe was testing peanut butter cookies this morning and struck absolute gold….so much so that we knew we had to get this recipe up on the blog ASAP!
I know Peanut Butter is a bit controversial on a ketogenic diet, but if you use an unsweetened, natural peanut butter (maximum 2 ingredients: peanuts and salt) you’ll find that the carbs are very reasonable.
For instance, in this recipe we only use 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, which only amounts to 4 net carbs. If it’s still not your jam, feel free to use an alternate butter like almond butter.
Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
For one serving (1 cookie) we’re looking at 5 net carbs. I love how big and gooey the cookies come out when you separate the batter into 8 cookies. To reduce the carbs even more, simply roll the dough into smaller cookies.
I think this dough could easily make 12 smaller cookies.
Here’s the nutrition for one cookie out of an 8 cookie batch:
Calories: 145 Calories
Total Carbs: 7.75g
Net Carbs: 5.00g
Here’s how you make them!
- 2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Brown Swerve or Regular Granular Swerve
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Low Carb Chocolate Chips (I use Lily's)
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a medium bowl mix melted butter, peanut butter, swerve, and egg until very smooth, set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Add chocolate chips to combined mixture and stir until just incorporated.
- Roll dough into 8 large balls and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow cookies to cool completely before digging in!
We made these cookies with both the new Brown Swerve and Regular Granular Swerve. The Brown Swerve gives the flavor more depth, and is definitely the preferred taste, but the Regular is also very delicious.
Please note that I am not a certified nutritionist. Any nutritional information that is discussed or disclosed in this post should only be seen as my best amateur estimates based on NET carbs. If nutrition is important to you, I highly encourage you to verify any data you see here with your favorite nutrition calculator.
Serving Size:1 Cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 145 Total Fat: 11.47g Carbohydrates: 5g Fiber: 2.75g Protein: 5.62g