These Keto Pecan Pie Clusters are a great, easy to make treat for satisfying any low carb sweet tooth!
What I really love about this recipe is that it derived from, in the words of everyone's favorite television painter, Bob Ross, "a happy accident."
I was trying to make a keto-friendly version of caramel turtles, but just couldn't get the caramel right.
Three different recipes, and each one was more of a flop than the last.
I figured I might as well try to assemble something anyway, so I did, finished them up...tasted one, and accepted my failure.
When my husband got home from work he noticed them on the counter and inquired. I warned him not to try them...but thankfully he didn't listen.
He took one bite and said..."These aren't bad!"
Five minutes later he had finished the entire tray and said with his mouth full "These are delicious. They taste like the stuff that's in a pecan pie."
He was right! And after a few more recipe tweaks, today's post was born....
Keto Pecan Pie Clusters
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 oz dark or sugar free chocolate, chopped
- 3 tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. Zen Sweet (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Over medium heat, brown butter until golden. Stir frequently being careful not to burn
- Once golden, add heavy cream and whisk together. Turn down heat to a simmer
- Whisking quickly, add sweetener and vanilla, being sure to break up any lumps
- Continue whisking occasionally for next 5 minutes as mixture begins to thicken
- Mixture will have consistency similar to caramel and slightly darken. Remove from heat
- Mix in chopped pecans and spoon clusters onto parchment lined tray or plate
- Place in freezer for 5 minutes
- Microwave dark chocolate for 20-40 seconds until melted and smooth, drizzle over clusters
- Serving Size: 1 cluster
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 0
- Fat: 14
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Protein: 1