This Keto Spinach Pesto Flatbread is an amazingly flavorful appetizer, or quick and easy lunch. It's the perfect low carb replacement for your restaurant favorite!
This flatbread recipe actually originated after a very happy accident, when Joe was making a fathead pizza and forgot to add an egg or any baking soda. It didn't rise at all, but that didn't stop it from being absolutely delicious!
We first published this variation on fathead dough for our spiced beef with tzatziki sauce. That's another great recipe, just with a different flavor profile.
Keto Spinach Pesto Flatbread
On a recent trip to the grocery store, we decided it was time to develop another flatbread recipe--one that had amazing flavors and would remind you of something you might find in a restaurant.
The result tastes as amazing as it smells!
What ingredients do you need to make this recipe?
The ingredients list is really simple, and like I mentioned, it doesn't even have an egg. All you'll need is:
Parmesan Cheese (for topping, optional)
Red Pepper Flakes (for topping, optional)
Keto Spinach Pesto Flatbread Nutrition
It's important to remember that cheese does have carbs. That's one reason we didn't top this flatbread with even more cheese. But it works out really well considering the flatbread IS cheese. Feel free to adjust to fit your macros, though!
For ⅙ of this recipe, 1 out of 6 even pieces, you're looking at:
Calories: 295 Calories
Total Carbs: 5.7g Total Carbs
Fiber: 2.1g Fiber
Net Carbs: 3.6g Net Carbs
Protein: 16.4g Protein
Fat: 24.9g Fat
And here's a breakdown of nutrition based on the specific ingredients I used.
And here's how you make it!
- 1 Cup of Almond Flour
- 2 ½ Cups of Shredded Mozzarella
- 2 Ounces of Cream Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons of Basil Pesto
- 1 Cup of Chopped Baby Spinach
- Red Pepper Flakes, for topping, optional
- Shredded Parmesan, for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix almond flour, shredded mozzarella and cream cheese. Microwave for one minute or until melted and able to be easily mixed.
- Using a spoon or rubber spatula, mix ingredients until ball forms. When dough has cooled enough for you to handle, wet hands with a bit of water and pick up dough ball. Form it until smooth and all ingredients are fully combined. (If your dough is too stiff or will not spread, it may be too cold. Place it back in the microwave for 5-10 seconds and it should be easier to spread)
- Use hands to flatten dough thinly across parchment lined baking sheet. Bake dough for 6 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Take dough out of the oven and evenly spread it with besto and spinach. Sprinkle red pepper flakes for a little kick!
- Return dough to oven and bake for an additional 16 minutes or until edges of dough are golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with shredded Parmesan for serving.
Please note that I am not a certified nutritionist. Any nutritional information that is discussed or disclosed in this post should only be seen as my best amateur estimates based on NET carbs. If nutrition is important to you, I highly encourage you to verify any data you see here with your favorite nutrition calculator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:⅙ of Recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 295 CaloriesTotal Fat: 24.9gCarbohydrates: 5.7g Total, 3.6g NetgFiber: 2.1gProtein: 16.4g