Air fryer chicken kebabs are delicious and packed with flavor. The jerk seasoning in this recipe makes for an irresistible kick that’ll elevate your meal! The edges of the vegetables get dark brown and caramelized, giving them a sweeter roasted taste.
Kebabs are so great for mealtime during the summer. There’s just something about eating it off of a stick that makes it more summery. Another reason for the seasonal feel is that kebabs are usually cooked on a grill.
While that grilled flavor is delicious, making chicken kebabs in your air fryer is a total game changer. All that delicious flavor in practically no time without having to go outside and fire up the grill? Sign me up!
Side note: if you love jerk seasoning, chicken, and easy air fryer recipes, you have to check out these air fryer jerk chicken wings. They’re amazing!
And if you want another delicious Jamaican recipe, be sure to check out my Low Carb Jamaican Curry Chicken!
This recipe comes from my book, “The I Love My Air Fryer Keto Diet 5-Ingredient Recipe Book.” It’s packed with 175 easy recipes for keto-friendly meals that are made in your air fryer.
Here’s a quick description:
The keto diet is more convenient (and affordable) than ever! Now you can make fast, delicious whole-food meals that will keep you in ketosis using your favorite kitchen appliance—the air fryer.
Now you can easily learn how to cook 175 mouth-watering, keto-friendly dishes using only five—or fewer—key ingredients. These recipes are fast, inexpensive, and don’t require a lot of prepping or shopping, making them a satisfying, flavorful fit to your busy schedule.
Back to this delicious recipe!
What ingredients do you need to make jerk chicken kebabs?
- Chicken – I prefer to use chicken thighs, which are fattier, more flavorful, and more affordable
- Jerk Seasoning – I think the very best jerk seasoning is Walkerswood. Nothing else comes close in my opinion.
- Coconut Oil
- Red Bell Pepper
- Red Onion
Is the jerk chicken spicy?
Jerk seasoning is naturally spicy, but you can definitely tone it down to your taste preferences. Like I mentioned earlier, Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning is the way to go for this recipe. If you want authentic Jamaican flavor in the easiest way possible, you have to try it.
Also, Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning comes in a Mild variety as well as a Hot & Spicy . If you’re not a fan of spicy, go for the mild. It definitely still has a kick, but it’s very manageable.
Don’t want to use skewers?
That’s totally fine. Depending on the size of your air fryer basket, it might be difficult to make these into actual kebabs. You can forgo the skewers completely and toss the cooked ingredients into a salad or serve over cauliflower rice. It’ll still be totally delicious!
How many calories are in these air fryer chicken kebabs?
This is a really light entree! Feel free to double it and enjoy even more air fryer chicken goodness! For one serving, you’re looking at:
Calories: 138 Calories
Total Carbs: 2g
Net Carbs: 2g
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1" cubes
- 2 tablespoons jerk seasoning
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place chicken in a medium bowl and coat with jerk seasoning and coconut oil on all sides.
- Using eight 6" skewers, build kebabs by alternating chicken, pepper and onion pieces, about three repetitions per skewer.
- Sprinkle salt over skewers and place into air fryer basket. Adjust temperature to 370 F and set the timer for 14 minutes, turning skewers halftway through cooking. Chicken will have an internal temperature of at least 165 F when done. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138 Total Fat: 7gCarbohydrates: 2gNet Carbohydrates: 2gProtein: 10g