This Low Carb Jamaican Curry Chicken is a healthy meal full of Caribbean flavor! Don't forget to serve it up with some cauliflower rice!
Having a Jamaican husband, it was pretty much essential for me to develop a love for spicy foods quickly after we got married.
This wasn't a huge problem for me at all, especially because I quickly fell in love with the cuisine and wanted to learn as much as I could about how to cook it myself.
One of the meals that my husband grew up eating is his mom's famous Jamaican Curry Chicken.
It is...SO GOOD. I've even had it in goat form and surprisingly loved it.
Low Carb Jamaican Curry Chicken
This weekend my in-laws came to visit and see the new baby, and the visit absolutely had to include this very special dinner!
Funny side note: my husband was brought up so heavily on this stuff, he thought I was joking when I asked him about Indian curry.
He had no idea what I was talking about!
Anyway, this recipe is ridiculously delicious, spicy, super easy and as I just discovered today, curry powder is very low carb!
To make it a meal, I would absolutely recommend pairing the chicken up with cauliflower rice and cabbage!
Here's how to make it!
- 2 pounds of chicken legs
- 1 tablespoon Seasoning Salt
- 2 tablespoons Blue Mountain Country Jamaican Curry Powder
- 1 stalk of Scallion
- ½ medium sized white onion
- 1 sprig of thyme
- Wash and clean chicken
- Season chicken thoroughly with seasoning salt
- Add curry powder, scallion, onion, and thyme to pan spray coated skillet
- Brown chicken in skillet for 10 minutes on high heat
- Add 2 cups of water, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently
- Cook Time: 40 mins