Tired of eating eggs? This Keto Chorizo Omelette will make your breakfast egg-citing again!
Eggs are a staple of the ketogenic diet. They are very inexpensive (my Walmart sells 60 eggs for $2. Can you believe that!?), very healthy, and very tasty.
But eggs can get boring.
Luckily, they're also very easy to customize!
Today I want to show you how to make this amazing Keto Chorizo Omelette. It was developed after realizing I bought too much chorizo-is there even such a thing?-for my Keto Cheesy Chorizo Dip. (That's a must-try recipe by the way!)
And it is goooood!
Cheesy, Spicy, Meaty, Hearty, it is such a yummy breakfast with excellent macros.
Keto Chorizo Omelette
Chorizo is completely the hero of this dish. It makes for a unique, spicy flavor that will get your morning started off right.
Who am I kidding? I could eat breakfast for any meal and every meal!
I think you're going to love how easy this recipe is to make. One thing you might consider doing is cooking the chorizo first, then making your eggs in the same skillet to soak up some of the flavor leftover from the spicy sausage.
Remember to drain the excess grease before assembling the omelette...there's likely going to be a TON of it.
I loaded my omelette with onions, spinach, and chorizo, then topped it with more chorizo, sour cream, avocado and bacon!
It was a mega omelette for sure, and I proudly ate the whole thing! 😉
- 2 Large Eggs
- ¼ Cup Spinach, Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons White Onion
- 2 tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Ounces of Chorizo
- ¼ Cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1 Tablespoon Sour Cream
- ⅛ cup of diced avocado
- 1 Slice of Bacon, Crumbled
- Cook Chorizo According to Package Instructions
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, spinach, heavy whipping cream, and onion.
- Pour mixture into non-stick skillet at low to medium heat
- Flip omelette when firm enough. Cover omelette briefly with lid if not firming up
- Sprinkle Cheese on other side and cook evenly
- Remove from heat and place on plate
- Add Chorizo to omelette and roll egg
- Top with Sour Cream, Diced Avocado, Bacon and more Chorizo
Please note that I am not a certified nutritionist. Any nutritional information that is discussed or disclosed in this post should only be seen as my best amateur estimates based on NET carbs. If nutrition is important to you, I highly encourage you to verify any data you see here with your favorite nutrition calculator.
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving Size: ½ Omelette
- Calories: 378
- Fat: 32.5
- Carbohydrates: 2.5
- Protein: 18