This Low Carb Chicken Pesto Bake is an amazing comfort meal that's actually good for you! It's full of flavor, warmth and CHEESE...doesn't get much better than that!
Going low carb or Keto definitely doesn't mean leaving your comfort foods in the past. And this recipe is further proof to support that idea.
A kind of fun thing about this recipe is that it was originally sort of just thrown together based on what we had in the fridge at the time. I was running late getting dinner started and thought the ingredients might just go okay together.
Originally I put in some pasta sauce, and while it was very tasty...it was a little too carby for my liking. The perfect replacement turned out to be pesto!
Low Carb Chicken Pesto Bake
Here's how I made it!Print
- 3 chicken breasts, butterflied and separated
- ½ cup pesto
- ½ cup ricotta
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Salt, pepper, italian seasoning to taste
- Preheat oven to 375
- Place a few spoonfuls of pesto on bottom of pan
- Put seasoned chicken breast pieces on top of pesto layer
- Mix ricotta and grated parmesan together with italian seasoning
- Cover chicken pieces with ricotta spread and cover in spoonfuls of pesto
- Sprinkle mozzarella on top and bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and bubbly
To reduce cooking time and add color, you can pan sear chicken breasts before putting them into baking dish.
Please note that I am not a certified nutritionist. Any nutritional information that is discussed or disclosed in this post should only be seen as my best amateur estimates based on NET carbs. If nutrition is important to you, I highly encourage you to verify any data you see here with your favorite nutrition calculator.
- Serving Size: ½ Chicken Breast
- Calories: 256
- Sugar: 0
- Fat: 12
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Protein: 34