This Parmesan Cauliflower Steak is an amazing vegetarian meal to satisfy your taste buds and make your tummy smile!
Back in my college days I used to fall asleep almost every night to the Create Channel (a derivative of PBS that features, arts, crafts, cooking shows and the like.)
Specifically, I LOVED watching America’s Test Kitchen with Christopher Kimball.
One of my favorite wedding presents was The Science of Good Cooking, a cookbook produced by the Test Kitchen. And one recipe from their site that I always found kind of intriguing was Cauliflower Steak.
Growing up, I was never a huge fan of Cauliflower…I actually hated it in the way lots of kids hate broccoli.
But that definitely changed when I went low carb and Keto. (Need more cauliflower inspiration? Check out my hearty Cauliflower Mac and Cheese!)
Anyway, today I want to show you how to make a simple yet delicious dish to feed your low carb desires…
Parmesan Cauliflower Steak
The hero of this recipe is Urban Accents Veggie Roasters. I actually partnered with their company to do a giveaway on Instagram, but I loved their product so much, I knew I wanted to make a recipe featuring it without sponsorship.
Also…this recipe pairs great with I Breath I’m Hungry’s Mushroom Gravy recipe! Check it out!
Here’s how I made it!Print
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp Urban Accents Manchego and Roasted Garlic seasoning blend
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Remove leaves from cauliflower
- Slice cauliflower lengthwise through core into 1 inch steaks (mine made about 4)
- Melt butter in microwave and mix with seasoning blend to make paste
- Brush mixture over steaks and season with salt and pepper to taste
- Heat non-stick pan over medium and place cauliflower steaks for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned
- Flip carefully, repeat
- Place cauliflower steaks on lined baking sheet
- Bake cauliflower steaks in oven for 15-20 minutes until golden and tender
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve