These Keto Cheese Shell Taco Cups are the easiest way to get your taco on...low carb style!
Raise your hand if you love tacos.
I can just tell how many hands are raised right now, and how many of you are so excited for this recipe.
I thought I'd do a 5 day countdown to Cinco de Mayo with some of my favorite Keto-Friendly Mexican recipes...
Well...between the craziness of moving and being 38 weeks pregnant...my original plan didn't quite work out...
But I'm still really excited to show you the newest innovation in low carb taco-eating.
Keto Cheese Shell Taco Cups
I'm a huge fan of replacing carby tortillas with straight up cheese, but it's not always so easy to get the shape right...at least for me...
Want my solution? Put the cheese on inside a muffin tin!
Depending on the side of your muffin pan (I used Jumbo because...come on) you can make mini or huge cups.
I just placed slices of colby cheese on parchment and baked at 375 for a few minutes. They will still be bubbly when you take them out.
Let them cool a couple minutes until you can lift them, then place into a non stick muffin tin.
Let them continue to cool for about 10 minutes, then just fill them up with your favorite taco goodies, and...voila!Print
Keto Cheese Shell Taco Cups
- Yield: 4 1x
- 6-8 slices of colby jack cheese, or preferred cheese
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 tbsp diced red onion
- ½ fresh jalapeno, diced finely
- Juice from 1 lime
- 3 tbsp cilantro
- Sour cream, taco meat of choice, avocado,etc
- Preheat oven to 375
- Place slices of cheese on parchment lined baking sheet with few inches in between slices
- Bake for about 5 minutes or until bubbly and just starting to brown at edges
- Remove baking sheet and let cool a couple minutes
- Carefully pick up slices and place in muffin tin to form a cup shape, let cool additional 10 minutes
- Place roma tomatoes, onions, jalapeno, lime juice and cilantro in medium covered bowl in fridge for at least 30 minutes, or serve immediately -it gets more flavorful the longer it is in the fridge
Assemble cups by filling with preferred fillings and enjoy
You may also enjoy...
Friday 2nd of July 2021
Just made these for dinner and they were fantastic. I was really glad my husband really enjoyed them as well. I did put avocado in the salsa in place of onion, because neither of us like raw onion.
Tuesday 16th of February 2021
these are brilliant! very yummy and not hard to make
Monday 21st of October 2019
This tasted amazing and so easy to bake :) definitely putting it on rotation! Thank you!!
Tuesday 1st of January 2019
Great recipe!! How do you write it down for tracking calories and such I am using the Lifesum app.
Wednesday 29th of August 2018
I’m thinking of making these for a small work potluck, can I make the cheese cups the night before? Wondering if they will keep overnight?