Keto French Toast Sticks are a yummy, handheld way to enjoy a quick breakfast, especially when you dunk them in sugar-free syrup, dust them with powdered sweetener…or both!
French Toast Sticks are an amazing, family-friendly breakfast that will transport you right back to your childhood. They're also a great low carb recipe for picky eaters to enjoy!
For this recipe you’ll be baking a sweet custard loaf that can be enjoyed just like French toast. These have the classic eggy taste of French toast without the bread. You won’t even miss it!
This recipe comes from my cookbook, The Keto Kids Cookbook. If you haven’t checked it out, it’s got 75 delicious, low carb, kid-friendly recipe ideas!
What ingredients do you need to make keto egg loaf french toast?
- Eggs - You'll need a lot of them. They're the main ingredient in this recipe. I used large eggs.
- Vanilla extract
- Heavy whipping cream
- Almond Flour - I prefer a blanched, finely ground almond flour like Blue Diamond.
- Granular erythritol- I use Swerve.
- Ground Cinnamon
- Baking powder
This recipe makes 20 Keto French Toast Sticks. For one serving (2 sticks) you're looking at:
Calories: 154 Calories
Total Carbs: 7.6 grams
Fiber: 0.6 grams
Sugar Alcohols: 4.8 grams
Net Carbs: 2.1 grams
Protein: 6.4 grams
Fat: 12.6 grams
- 8 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup blanched, finely ground almond flour
- ¼ cup granular erythritol
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with a nonstick spray.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl. Whisk together with the vanilla and heavy cream until smooth. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, erythritol, cinnamon, and baking powder. Slowly stir the dry ingredients into the egg mixture in the large bowl. Continue gently stirring until all the ingredients form a smooth, pourable batter.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes. When completely cooked, the loaf will be golden on the top and puffed up. It will sink down into the pan as it cools and form a dense loaf. Allow the loaf to cool completely, or, if possible, at least 30-45 minutes before slicing. If it’s sliced when it’s hot, the pieces may crumble.
- Slice the loaf into twenty pieces. In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. When the pan is hot, add your desired amount of French toast sticks to the pan to toast until golden on each side, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Depending on your personal preference, you may want to toast all the sticks at once and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days, microwaving for 30 seconds to hear. Alternatively, you may place the untoasted slices in an airtight container in the fridge and warm in the skillet with butter or coconut oil.
Serving Size:2 French Toast Sticks
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 154Total Fat: 12.6gCarbohydrates: 7.6gNet Carbohydrates: 2.1gFiber: 0.6gSugar Alcohols: 4.8gProtein: 6.4g