These keto pinwheels are so delicious, you won’t even miss the tortilla!
I’ve always loved eating pinwheels. In fact, I think they’re the first thing I ever “cooked” my husband back when we were dating.
I brought pinwheels to every potluck party and would mostly just eat what I brought.
My love for them is serious, y’all.
So I was really excited to make a replacement version that is low carb/keto friendly!
These are super duper easy to make and I don’t even miss the tortilla in the slightest. I know some keto-ers are totally comfortable with low carb tortillas, and I’m also not opposed to that because:
- Who am I to judge ANYONE?
- If it’s a low carb tortilla that’s going to keep you from falling completely off the wagon and filling your life back up with carbs, I totally think you should do it.
BUT my pinwheels are not made with any form of tortilla. The meat takes their place 🙂
For my delectable treat, I used pepperoni AND genoa salami, pepper jack cheese (I love a little spice!), cream cheese, and pickles!
Trust me…the pickles add the perfect tang, and get some vegetable in there!Print
Cream Cheese & Salami Keto Pinwheels
Low carb/Keto Cream cheese and salami pinwheels with pickles
- Yield: 20 pieces
- 1 8oz block cream cheese
- 8-10 thin slices of pepperoni and genoa salami *may need more depending on size
- 4 tbsp. finely diced pickles
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature and whip until fluffy
- Spread cream cheese in a 1/4 inch thick rectangle in the center of a large piece of plastic wrap
- Spread pickles over cream cheese
- Place salami over cream cheese in overlapping layers so all cream cheese layer is covered
- Place a second piece of plastic wrap over salami layer and gently press down
- Flip entire rectangle over so bottom cream cheese layer is now facing the top
- Carefully peel back plastic wrap off top cream cheese layer
- Begin rolling into log shape slowly removing bottom layer of plastic wrap as you go
- Place pinwheel in tight plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours, overnight preferred
- Slice into preferred thickness
- Serving Size: 1 Pinwheel
- Calories: 47
- Fat: 4.2
- Carbohydrates: 0.8