This Keto Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole is a rich and delightful meal your whole family will LOVE! This low carb recipe is a nice elevation of a classic appetizer.
Spinach Artichoke Dip has always been one of my favorite appetizers. Who doesn’t love it? It’s a crowd-pleasing dip to bring to any party, enjoy while watching a game, or to order in a restaurant.
It's also pretty simple and naturally low carb. It's just not necessarily something that I always think of when trying to figure out what to cook.
For this post I thought I’d try to kick things up a notch to make something more filling, meal worthy, and a little more unique than the classic spinach artichoke dip. Don’t get me wrong, I could eat spinach artichoke dip as a complete meal any day of the week, but this spin has some more substance to it...plus a really delicious way to get veggies in!
Keto Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole
You can definitely make this as a dip for an appetizer. I’ve done it! Just say leave out the chicken, and use things like pork rinds, celery, or even my flatbread recipe cut into strips for easy and tasty dipping options.
Here are the macros per serving (⅙ of the recipe)!
Calories: 452 Calories
Total Carbs: 5.96g
NET Carbs: 3.96g
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, salted
- 2 Tablespoons Red Onion, diced
- 2 Cups Spinach, raw
- 1 14-ounce can Artichoke Hearts, chopped
- ½ of 1 Jalapeno, raw
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- 1 8 Ounce Brick Cream Cheese, softened
- ⅓ Cup Mayonnaise
- ⅓ Cup Sour Cream
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder -optional
- 3 Cups Chicken Breast, cooked*, cubed
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese; shredded, divided (¼ and ¾)
- ¼ Cup Parmesan; shredded
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large skillet** over medium heat, melt butter and saute onion until translucent. Add Spinach, artichokes and jalapeno. Saute until spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- In large bowl, mix cream cheese, mayo, sour cream and garlic powder until smooth. Add mixture to skillet.
- Add cooked cubed chicken and mozzarella to skillet. Stir.
- Pour contents into baking dish (like an 8x8 pan), if not using an oven safe skillet. Top with Parmesan and bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly and brown.
* You may cook chicken however you like, just be sure to season it as normal. You may also use store bought rotisserie chicken though you may need 2.
**Any skillet is fine but if you have an oven safe skillet such as a cast iron skillet, it makes this recipe even more simple
Serving Size:⅙ of pan
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 452Total Fat: 33gCarbohydrates: 6g Total, 4g NETgFiber: 2gProtein: 18g
Please note that I am not a certified nutritionist. Any nutritional information that is discussed or disclosed in this post should only be seen as my best amateur estimates based on NET carbs. If nutrition is important to you, I highly encourage you to verify any data you see here with your favorite nutrition calculator.