This Low Carb Broccoli Crust Pizza is an amazingly nutritious take on a classic favorite meal.
We all scream for pizza.
It’s no secret that traditional ‘za (my husband somehow got me to start calling it that) was one of my favorite pre-Keto things to eat.
Since cutting the carbs, it’s been extremely important to my family to keep this meal a part of our lives.
We’ve done Fat Head Pizza (Yummy!)
Pork Rind Pizza (Delicious!)
Chicken Crust Pizza (AMAZING!)
Now it’s time to go…green.
We all know Cauliflower Pizza is the go-to crust for most low carvers, but one thing I haven’t seen very much of? Another vegetable that I love: Broccoli.
Low Carb Broccoli Crust Pizza
Full disclosure: this is not a sponsored post, but my pals at the company sent me a sample to try out. Thanks guys!
One packet of their Dry Riced Broccoli (affiliate link) makes one pound (or five servings) and the only ingredient is Dried Broccoli. I love it because it’s obviously nutrient rich, but also extremely convenient and shelf safe.
No refrigeration necessary, y’all.
One serving (3/4 cup cooked Broccoli is only 4.5 net carbs, and it can be ready to eat in fifteen minutes.
To make the pizza crust, I just cooked the Broccoli in a sauce pan with some coconut oil, got rid of the excess moisture with a cheesecloth and added a couple of eggs and some Parmesan cheese.
Once the crust was ready to go, I added Alfredo sauce, mozzarella cheese, grilled chicken breast and of course…BACON.
This pizza exceeded my expectations with its flavor and thanks to Keto and Co. it was ridiculously simple to make!Print
- 1 lb riced broccoli (We prepped our Keto and Co broccoli with coconut oil)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan, plus more for topping if desired
For Chicken and broccoli alfredo pizza
- 3/4 cup chicken
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup alfredo sauce
- 2 slices bacon, fried
- Preheat oven to 400
- Cook broccoli rice according to package directions or, if using fresh broccoli place firmly steamed florets in food processor and pulse until grated.
- Remove excess moisture from rice with cheese cloth
- Place in large mixing bowl and add eggs, mozzarella, parmesan and desired seasoning
- Place mixture on parchment lined baking sheet and press into 1/4-1/8 inch thickness
- Bake for 20 minutes until crust looks dry and the cheese and edges begin to brown
- Remove from oven and add chicken, mozzarella, and alfredo sauce
- Place back in oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbling
- Top with fried bacon
Please note that I am not a certified nutritionist. Any nutritional information that is discussed or disclosed in this post should only be seen as my best amateur estimates based on NET carbs. If nutrition is important to you, I highly encourage you to verify any data you see here with your favorite nutrition calculator.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 218
- Sugar: 1
- Fat: 14
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 15