This easy keto lasagna will quickly become one of your new favorite meals! It’s delicious, nutrient rich, and layers easily!
I. Love. Lasagna.
I do not love zucchini.
Almost every recipe that I’ve seen for a low carb lasagna features sliced zucchini. While that works sometimes, I’m not all about that life.
Don’t get me wrong: zucchini is a great vegetable, and extremely useful. I like it…I just don’t…you know…LOVE it in my lasagna.
I was encouraged to make this recipe during one of Maya’s late night feedings. I’ve started watching Food Network practically every morning at 3 AM to keep the recipe inspiration high.
Lasagna usually takes a really long time to make, and obviously noodles are not an option, but I wanted to still make a thick and creamy dish that could be layered and remain sturdy.
Cauliflower is one of my favorite vegetables to work with because it’s rich in nutrients but doesn’t carry a strong flavor.
Added with eggs, and mozzarella, cauliflower was the perfect base for this easy keto lasagna’s layers.
Easy Keto Lasagna
I can’t believe this is low carb. Doesn’t it amaze you how many extremely delicious foods you can eat with a low carb/keto lifestyle?
For this recipe I went with an alfredo sauce to cut the carbs down even more.
Feel free to use a tomato-ey sauce for a more traditional taste, but trust me, if you decide not to you won’t miss it.
I originally thought about subbing out the beef with chicken, but the ingredients still flowed together beautifully keeping it the same.
Here’s how I made it!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup raw spinach
- ½ cup low carb alfredo sauce
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- ½ tsp italian seasoning
- 1 lb riced cauliflower, cooked
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup mozzarella
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- seasonings, to taste ( I added garlic, salt, pepper, and italian seasoning)
- Preheat oven to 375
- Brown ground beef in skillet, drain fat and add alfredo sauce and raw spinach
- Reduce heat and continue cooking until spinach is wilted, set aside
- Make cauliflower rice according to instructions
- Drain all excess liquid using cheese cloth or towel
- Mix eggs, mozzarella, grated parmesan and seasoning in large bowl
- Spread mixture out like a pizza crust, about ¼-1/2 inch thick on lined baking sheet
- cook for 15 minutes or until golden brown, set aside
- Mix ricotta, grated parmesan, heavy whipping cream and seasoning together, set aside
- Oven at 375
- Prepare an 8x8 baking dish with non stick spray
- Cut cauliflower sheet into 2 halves and trim to fit the pan
- Place one layer of cauliflower on the bottom of the pan (I had to trim mine a little)
- Place half of meat sauce on top of layer, adding a couple additional tsp of alfredo if needed
- Add half of ricotta mixture on top of meat sauce layer and sprinkle ¼ cup mozzarella
- Place second half of cauliflower layer and repeat last two previous steps with mozzarella on top
- Bake for 20 minutes until bubbling then broil for 3-5 minutes to brown cheese