This Easy Keto Biscuits and Gravy recipe is an amazing low carb way to start your day with a southern feel! Keto breakfast can be tough, but this simple recipe will have you going back for seconds!
Best served piping hot, this recipe is AMAZING, y'all. It's something that I've been wanting to include on the blog for a long time, but didn't want to bring to you until it was perfect.
Growing up in southern Missouri, SPRINGFIELD STAND UP, biscuits and gravy was everywhere. I think it's fair to say it's something that's often on the breakfast table.
Funny story, though...when Joe and I met, him being from Minnesota, he had never even HEARD of biscuits and gravy. We went to a midnight breakfast in college and he stared at the vats with a "What the heck is that?" look on his face.
Shortly after he fell in love with me, he fell in love with biscuits and gravy.... Actually, come to think of it, I'm not sure which came first!
Anyway, before I started keto, I had a fantastic recipe for this stuff that I made pretty frequently. Unfortunately, like my of my diet at the time...it was LOADED with carbs.
One of the best low carb feelings for me is the understanding that all of those extra carbs from yesteryear were completely and totally unnecessary.
And this recipe is easier, quicker, and even more delicious!
Keto Biscuits and Gravy
This post is pretty much two recipes in one...the flavorful drop biscuits you could make for any occasion, and the savory sausage gravy with just a little spice that you could also put on your eggs or in a breakfast casserole!
Different people have different biscuit preferences, and prefer different methods for making them. For a really delicious, air fryer recipe for keto biscuits be sure to check out For Frying Out Loud!
With two recipes we have two sets of nutritional information. For the biscuits, here's what we're looking at PER biscuit (recipe makes 10):
Calories: 128 Calories
Total Carbs: 6g
Net Carbs: 4g
And for the sausage gravy PER ¼ cup serving (recipe makes 2 cups total):
Calories: 280 Calories
Total Carbs: 1g
Net Carbs: 1g
This recipe can definitely add some extra sunshine to your morning!
Here's how I made it!
- 3 cups finely ground almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
Breakfast Sausage Gravy
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum (to thicken)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
For the biscuits
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients. Add butter and eggs and continue mixing until fully combined.
- Separate dough into 10 balls and gently roll into slightly flattened disks.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes, until the biscuits begin to brown.
- Allow them to cool completely or they will fall apart.
For the breakfast sausage gravy
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown sausage until no pink remains.
- Add butter to the skillet. Break cream cheese into pieces and place into skillet. Mix until cream cheese is fully melted, (2-3 minutes).
- Pour heavy cream and broth into the skillet. Sprinkle in the xanthan gum and pepper and stir.
- Heat to a low boil then turn off the heat and continue to stir. This will allow xanthan gum time to thicken. Serve warm over biscuits.
Xanthan gum can be found in the baking aisle of your local grocery store. Individual packets are usually less than $1 each.
Serving Size:1 biscuit / ¼ cup gravy
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 128 per biscuit / 280 for gravyTotal Fat: 10g for a biscuit / 26g for gravygCarbohydrates: 6g for a biscuit / 1g for gravygNet Carbohydrates: 4g for a biscuit / 1g for gravygFiber: 2g for a biscuit / 0g for gravygProtein: 5g for a biscuit / 8g for gravyg