This Keto Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake recipe is an easy to make, rich and decadent dessert, even if you’re a cheesecake beginner!
I really love cheesecake, and I’m guessing, since you’re here, you really do too.
Adding chocolate to cheesecake really brings it to the next level and gives you a really rich and decadent flavor to help curb your chocolate cravings.
Keto friendly chocolate recipes can be helpful if you’re struggling to cut the carbs and sugar on your diet. Be sure to check out these yummy treats as well!
And if you're not feeling chocolate, check out these other delicious cheesecakes!
Keto White Chocolate Lemon Cheesecakes from Beauty and the Foodie
Classic New York Style Keto Cheesecake from All Day I Dream About Food
Why cook cheesecake in the Instant Pot?
The Instant Pot is one of the most versatile kitchen appliances there is. It’s a small machine that’s changed my life and taken away my fear of pressure cooking. Plus cooking in the Instant Pot is a HUGE time saver.
Did you know my first cookbook is all keto Instant Pot recipes? Be sure to check out my delicious recipe for Instant Pot loaded keto cauliflower bowl.
Since then I’ve wanted to make even better, even simpler recipes and as far as desserts go, this one takes the cake...or...cheesecake!
What ingredients do I need to make keto chocolate cheesecake?
Cream Cheese - you'll want to make sure it's softened before working with it
Swerve - I used Granular Swerve for this recipe
Cocoa Powder - I used Hershey's Special Dark
Melted Chocolate - I used Lily's Semisweet Baking Chips
Eggs - I used two large eggs
Also: Aluminum foil, parchment paper and cooking spray for the pan
Should my cheesecake have a crust?
You can totally do a crust on your cheesecake and still make the filling in the Instant Pot.
I don’t think this recipe needs a crust because the filling is just SO good on its own, but if you’d like to add one I’d recommend a keto chocolate shortbread that you bake in the oven and chill before pouring in my keto chocolate cheesecake filling.
Another reason I like to go crustless is that it helps keep the calories and carbs low, which for my macros means I can enjoy more cheesecake at a time!
How many carbs are in keto cheesecake?
This recipe is made in a 6 inch pan. One serving (⅙ of the pan of Instant Pot keto chocolate cheesecake) is:
Calories: 261.4 Calories
Total Carbs (including erythritol): 21.1g
Sugar Alcohols: 14g
Net Carbs: 3.1g
And here's a breakdown of the nutrition based on the ingredients I used:
If your cream cheese isn’t already softened before you make this recipe, you can pop it in the microwave for about 30 seconds to get it to the right softness. Just keep an eye on it.
A hand mixer is really helpful for getting this recipe mixed quickly, but be careful to not over mix the filling, or else you’ll end up with a fluffier cheesecake rather than the dense texture you’re looking for.
Fluffy cheesecakes are still delicious, so don’t fret! It might just take a little practice to avoid over mixing, but I like to incorporate the eggs with a wooden spoon and some elbow grease to reduce the risk of whipping them too much.
A natural release is key to making sure your cheesecake sets the way you want it to. It may be tempted to do a quick release, but just wait until the pressure leaves on its own. It’s worth it.
You may also be tempted to skip the chill time. I get it. You want to dig right in. But that time in the refrigerator is necessary for the cheesecake to set.
I have had success with chilling it in the freezer to reduce the wait time. So if you really can’t wait, give that a try!
- 10 ounces cream cheese, softened (1 brick + 2 ounces)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoon Sweetener (I used granular swerve)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoon Cocoa Powder (I used Hershey’s Special Dark)
- ½ Cup Melted Chocolate (I used Lily’s Semi Sweet Baking Chips)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- Line a 6 inch cake pan or springform pan with parchment and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, combine cream cheese and sweetener until fluffy.
- Add in sour cream until just combined.
- Mix in cocoa powder, melted chocolate, and vanilla until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, being especially careful to not over mix them. You may want to switch to a spatula or wooden spoon to get them carefully mixed in.
- Pour filling into prepared pan and wrap tightly with aluminum foil.
- Add 1 and ½ cups of water to the Instant Pot's pot, and add trivet.
- Set wrapped cheesecake on top of the trivet and close the Instant Pot lid.
- Set instant pot to pressure cook on high for 37 minutes. Allow 25 minutes for natural release. Make sure the keep warm button is on.
- Carefully remove cheesecake from Instant Pot and allow to cool at room temperature for one hour before transferring to refrigerator.
- Chill cheesecake in refrigerator for at least 4 hours, but overnight is even better.
Serving Size:⅙ of Cheesecake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261.4Total Fat: 24.9gCarbohydrates: 21.1gNet Carbohydrates: 3.1gFiber: 4gSugar Alcohols: 14gProtein: 6.2g