These keto double chocolate muffins are a decadent treat to help you stick to your low carb lifestyle! You can indulge with only 2.2 grams of net carbs per serving!
Chocolate is the best, isn’t it?
And nowadays it’s easier than ever to enjoy rich, delicious chocolate while on a keto diet. With so many options, you can order ChocZero online or pick up Lily’s at most grocery stores, it’s truly amazing that you don’t have to feel deprived just because you’re cutting carbs.
If you need some chocolate inspiration be sure to check out these recipes:
Now on to these delicious double chocolate muffins!
How do I make Keto Chocolate Muffins?
These muffins are so good, and SO easy to make. You’ll mostly just be using pantry staples that you probably already have in your kitchen. All you need is:
- Almond Flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Brown Swerve (or Lakanto Golden)
- Sour Cream
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Powder
- Sugar Free Chocolate Chips (I used Lily’s Semi-Sweet)
There’s no need even to separate wet ingredients from dry ingredients. I truly think anyone could make this recipe. You just dump everything into a bowl, mix it up, scoop it into a muffin tin and bake!
How many calories are in a keto double chocolate muffin?
The nutrition is really solid on this recipe. For one serving, you’re looking at:
Calories: 161 Calories
Total Carbs (including erythritol): 14 g
Fiber: 3.4 g
Sugar Alcohols: 8.5 g
Net Carbs: 2.2 g
Protein: 4.7 g
Fat: 14.4 g
And here’s an amateur calculated breakdown based on the ingredients I used:
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Cup Brown Swerve (or Lakanto Golden)
- 4 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Sugar Free Chocolate Chips for batter PLUS how ever many extra you'd like to top the muffins with before baking.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. The mixture will be slightly thick and more "scoopable" rather than pourable.
- Fill 12 muffin cups with even amounts of the mixture. Top muffins with extra chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick placed into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before enjoying.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 Muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161 Total Fat: 14.4g Carbohydrates: 14g Net Carbohydrates: 2.2g Fiber: 3.4g Sugar Alcohols: 8.5g Protein: 4.7g