The best part about these Keto Steak Tacos on Pork Rind Tortillas is they are extremely low carb. With so few ingredients, they are sure to become a fast favorite!
Confession time. I've never been very good at cooking steak and I've hardly spent any time eating it.
But when I got a huge, delicious package of meat in the mail from Butcher Box (affiliate), AND a new pan to try out in the kitchen... I knew it was time for that to change.
I love a good tortilla, and I know you do too. They're perfect for making wraps, nachos, and my favorite...tacos.
Not to discredit my other favorite...cheese shell tacos, but the recipe I'm sharing with you today is pretty awesome.
There's a lot of debate over whether low carb tortillas are "truly" Keto. I'm not going to get into that today...but I will squash the debate with an alternative you can make right now with three Keto staples.
Pork Rind Tortillas
I never realized how versatile Pork Rinds can be. They are beyond useful, zero carb, and in this recipe you won't even be able to tell you're eating them.
With a special blend of unflavored pork rinds, egg, cream cheese, and mozzarella I created an incredibly yummy, guilt free dinner that filled everyone up, and made them crave more.
Keto. Steak. Tacos.
- 1 Cup Crushed Pork Rinds
- ¾ Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 6oz top sirloin steaks or meat of choice
- Desired toppings (I used green peppers, avocado and salsa)
- Chop Pork Rinds in a food processor until completely crumbled
- In medium bowl, microwave mozzarella and cream cheese until melted and mix together (~30 sec)
- Add crushed pork rind until combined, then add egg (mixing with wet hands is easier for this part)
- If mixture seems too wet add a little more pork rinds
- if mixture is cooling and not pliable pop in microwave for additional 15-20 seconds
- Form a ball with mixture and place between two pieces of parchment
- Roll out until desired thickness (thinner the crispier)
- Cut out circle and place in non stick pan. Cook over medium heat 3-5 minutes until each side is brown
- To prepare steak:
- Bring to room temperature
- Season with favorite steak seasoning, salt and pepper
- Over medium heat add avocado oil or oil of choice
- Sear steak on each side and cook to desired temperature
- Let steak rest for 10 minutes and slice
- Add desired toppings (I used avocado, salsa and sauteed green peppers
The Nutrition Info below is JUST for the Pork Rind Tortilla. There are a million different ways to customize your tacos, so please calculate your own nutrition based on what you decide to put in them.
Please note that I am not a certified nutritionist. Any nutritional information that is discussed or disclosed in this post should only be seen as my best amateur estimates based on NET carbs. If nutrition is important to you, I highly encourage you to verify any data you see here with your favorite nutrition calculator.
- Serving Size: 1 Mini Tortilla
- Calories: 97
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Protein: 7g